WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES INDEPENDA COLLECT?
The information we gather from Subscribers enables us to personalize and improve our Services, to allow our Subscribers to set up a Subscriber account and profile that can be used to participate in the Services, to enable Care Recipients to share information with their Caregivers, to provide Caregivers and Care Recipients with information, updates, offers and other communications related to our Services, and to analyze and report on the results of the Services in an aggregate manner for the benefit of our partners. We collect the following types of information from You:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information You enter in connection with our Services or provide to us in any other authorized way. The types of Personal Information collected may include Your name, address, screen name, email address, IP address, Caregiver credit card information, Care Recipient's health and well-being related information t and browser information. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of all of our Services offerings.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
• We receive and store certain types of information whenever You interact with our Services. Independa automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including Your IP address, cookie information, and the page You requested.
• Generally, our Service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Services and its components and how you interact with and use the Service. Independa only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify You personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how Subscribers use parts of the Services so that we can make the Services useful for as many Subscribers as possible, and improve those Services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site and Services.
We may receive a confirmation when You open an email from Independa if your computer supports this type of program. Independa uses this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful and improve our Service. If You do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate your preference during the registration process or by making a modification on Your account page.
What About Cookies?
• Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to Your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize Your browser and tell us how and when pages in our Services are visited and by how many people. Independa cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who You are or the identity of Your screen name or email address.
DOES INDEPENDA SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Personal Information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell Your Personal Information to anyone. We share Your Personal Information only as described below.
With People You Trust: Our Service gives our Care Recipients the ability to share health and other information with people (including Caregivers and third-party service-providers) and services who can help Care Recipients meet their needs and goals. For example, a Care Recipient can actively share health information (via telephone or otherwise) to enable use of products and services that can monitor certain aspects of his or her daily regimen or help coordinate care provided by Caregivers or others. A Care Recipient may also passively share his or her home-environment information with Caregivers and others by allowing sensors or other monitoring devices to be installed in his or her home. Each Caregiver who has subscribed for the Service is required to receive express authorization from the relevant Care Recipient for this sharing of information. If, at any time, a Care Recipient has questions or concerns about the scope of information shared with his or her Caregiver, or with anyone else, Care Recipients can contact Independa by emailing email@example.com or calling 1-800-815-STAY (1-800-815-7829). If You authorize the sharing of a Care Recipient’s Personal Information with others, his or her Services-related information will be available to such parties as have been authorized (including, without limitation, Independa employees, Caregivers, medical professionals, emergency services personnel, and other service-providers). You can view a list of these authorized parties and you can revoke sharing privileges from any of them at any time. When you revoke an authorized party’s access to your Personal Information, that party will no longer have such access but may have already seen or may retain a copy of such information.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share Your Personal Information with them to provide Services to you. Unless we tell you differently, Independa’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Independa, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Independa goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquiror of Independa may continue to use Your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, You will be notified when Your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
Your Independa account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting Your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after You have finished accessing your account.
Independa endeavors to protect Subscriber Personal Information to ensure that it is kept private, however, Independa cannot guarantee the security of such information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of Subscriber information at any time.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
Independa allows You to access certain categories of information about You for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. These categories may change as our Services change. Certain information is required to access some of our Services, so Your deletion of certain information, or provision of inaccurate information, may render the Services inoperable, in whole or in part.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
• As stated previously, You can opt not to disclose, or allow to be disclosed, certain information to us, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain Independa Services features.
• You are able to add or update certain information on pages. When You update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our private records. As mentioned above in “What Personal Information Can I Access,” deleting or modifying information may render the Services inoperable, in whole or in part.
• You may request deletion of your Independa account by sending an e-mail to support@Independa.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of Your account.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If You have any questions or concerns regarding privacy in connection with the Independa Service, please send us a detailed message to support@Independa.com.